Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Neil Moors on the Brexit forum wrote:

( Quote). Hi Jan, not my assumption at all that only Tory voters own their own property (you are quite right). Rather, it was demographics - that Tory voters are typically older and are therefore more likely to have had the opportunity to buy their property when it was more affordable. Again - that's a generalism and of course won't cover everyone. (Unquote).

As Neil qualified his remarks by saying it was a generalisation I will refrain from opening a debate on the subject. Suffice to say that when we were buying our first property in the early sixties the price was increased by £100 which was a blow........our old car had to go to make up this money.

What his comments did do though was to nudge me into thinking how much aspirations and priorities have changed.

A modern iPhone found in many youngsters pockets can set you back almost £1000.............enough to buy a top of the range dishwasher and washing machine and still have some change!

Clearing my Pandora’s box to save family the trouble of binning it later on I found some items which may awake memories of some forumers.

My 1st mobile ‘phone.

There’s plenty more tat where that came from!

What memories or memorabilia do you have?

end link