Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This subject keeps coming up.
    I went through the Catholic schools from primary right up to adult Over that time I learnt how many leaders within the church held double standards.
    And even the Nun that was headmistress, sinned all week then I presume went to confession on the Saturday!! then did it all again on the Monday.

So I understand the discussion of what problems religion can cause in the wrong hands.
    I have to say the Catholic schooling didn't really help me, apart from opening my eyes on howbad it can be.

One of my brothers also went through the schooling and through what he saw he became an active humanist.
    But he didn't do it lightly, he could discuss with leaders of the church on the rights/wrongs of the faith they believed in.
    My brother was lucky enough to become Leader of the council, and at that time(they don't do it now ) they used to have a quick service before meetings.
    He used to leave the meeting until it was over !!

But the 2 leading lights of the Humanists organisation sending there kids to a religious school sends out all the wrong messages.
    just like education/grammar schools
    leaders of all local labour all sent there kids to grammar yet campaigned to close them.

end link