Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Weird Granny Slater wrote:
    I don't think I've been offended since 1966, BW, when England won the world cup, and I was in Osnabrück.

Perhaps you read it with the wrong tone of voice: instead of imagining me running up and down the curtains like a cat chased by a snake, see me laid out on the sofa, with some chilled vodka, a papirosa and warmed by Rachmaninov's large hands.

Still can't see your point though.

WGS:
    The image I posted was my personal ID card to show how the world has moved on and perhaps your suggestion the modern equivalent, a ‘Digital Movement Permit,’ could be on the way. We already have driving licences with our photograph on, so nothing revolutionary could be about to take place.

Now for the joke; without using your hand or foot digits you should be able to work out that I am in my 80’s. Unlike you youngsters I am not up to being a night club raver, so the conversation with the guardian of the door would be very unlikely to have ever taken place.

In hindsight perhaps it was a little deep for some.

As my attempt at a joke fell flat on you, at least your imagination managed to raise a smile with me as I pictured the scene! Mind you, your throwaway line regarding chilled vodka created an image of Sphenopalatine Ganglioneuralgia which was a little disturbing.

That knowledge at least goes some way towards understanding your posts so I’ll not spend any more time analysing what may have prompted the content.

Not trying to teach even a weird granny to suck eggs but it was well known in 1966 that the World Cup final was at Wembley……….perhaps you had a faulty sat nav?

For others that are also lost now, this is the Corona virus thread:

https://www.dover.uk.com/forums/general-discussion/corona-virus?p=56

end link