Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Arthur wrote:
    At the risk of being controversial, in my view the vaccination programme has started at the wrong end. It should have been NHS first then teenagers and key workers. The infection rate in the older age groups had fallen hugely but rising in the younger age groups. Generally the older people are able to stay at home and not have to go to work. ( Though obviously there are exceptions). Schools have faced enormous challenges and although teachers have come in for a huge amount of criticism the teaching unions have as usual done the profession a huge disservice. Teachers should also have priority vaccination.

I can see why they would want to vaccinate the elderly and vulnerable as they are most likely to end up in hospital, therefore taking up beds that could be used for the many cancelled other non-covid ops.

I agree, however, I think there needs to be a balance which is very difficult.

Dover has suffered from the school age asymptomatic cases, but in view of how important the port of dover will be (and is) on Jan 1st, I think after NHS staff, it has to be focused on which key workers are vital to keeping the UK running. You can't easily replace trained ferry crew, train drivers, fire officers, etc.

If it was me (and I'm glad it's not) I would go 70+ and NHS first, then targeted key workers, then to vulnerable of all ages, then secondary school children and lastly, everyone else.

Like I say, I'm glad it's not me making those decisions because everyone will have their own views.

end link