Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

FFS. Now that our wonderful NHS has become better at keeping people alive than killing them (with exceptions made for hospital infections and local birth units), and ambulances (or trucks as they are called at the Ambulance 999 centre where I spent a day) are better fitted out than most hospitals of ten (?) Years ago - who can stabilise most trauma - what you need is 'centres of excellence' where surgeons (for example) are doing loads of the same operation, and you have a kick arse ICU to back them up.

Let's face facts. 'our NHS', the fifth largest employer on the planet is crap compared to most other western health care systems (USA being the exception, they are even worse).

I remember when I was on DDC.

'Why can't we have a local maternity Hospital'?

Because people die during childbirth. The only reason I have a second grandson is because he was born at Homerton hospital. You don't want to know. Kids in the ICU found in parks. Kids born with drug addiction. Not mine. It was complicated. He would have been dead in Buckland.

Meanwhile when it came up at DDC apparently Ashford is a long way from Dover!

FFS. They had nine months to save up the taxi fare ....

end link