Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

To be brutally honest it has progressively become clear that this has been an overblown crisis to say the least

The current uk numbers are:
    Case rate (i.e. reported and confirmed infections) per million - 4049 (i.e. 0.4% of the population)
    Death rate per million - 567 (i.e. 0.06% - this is on not even close to what we would expect to see with seasonal flu)
    Testing rate per million - 63158 (6.3%)

The average across the whole world (recognising the quality of reporting and/or data from some countries is of dubious quality)
    Case Rate per million - 807 (0.08%)
    Death Rate per million - 48 (0.005%)

To date with most Far Eastern countries showing little or no new infections or deaths and Western Europe looking like it is past peak infection one has to ask what next and start to think about reviewing if the cost of the restrictions was really worth it?

Sweden who chose a slightly different path is still marginally better than the UK (cases 0.37% deaths 0.046% - so one could argue that restrictions made little or no difference, yet Norway, Germany, Iceland etc who imposed much tougher restrictions are also better than us.

In the UK we have seen 22,000 more deaths (after excluding CoVid 19 reported deaths) than we woul normally have expected was this a price worth paying?
    8.4m people are having their wages paid by the state with the consequent impact on state debt.
    Many SME's and larger businesses have been propped up by loans and grants from government; a fair few with little hope of survival post the return to some semblance of normality thus leaving the state to pick up the debt as well as JSA/UC for those who lose their jobs (current BoE estimate 1.5-2m workers)
    Was this a price worth spending the next 60+ years paying?

I dont know the answers but we need to start a sensible conversation and inquiry into what happened, why etc.

end link