Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Re #121. You're normally guaranteed some private space at English level 5 and downwards, though yesterday many attendances were actually up, as fans bereft of other football went local (DAFC's was around 1200). In Scottish League 2 and in most of League 1 attendances are in the low- to mid-100s (I should know, my 'other' club is Stirling Albion), but all football up there was off. I'd imagine the National League will shortly 'suspend' any further games, given that almost half were were called off yesterday in any case, some managers objected to having to play in the first place (including Chesterfield's), and one is already off Tuesday.

As for the Tube, I haven't used it since the 2005 bombings. But for a while before that I was one of thousands of early morning commuters jammed into heaving, sweaty crowds on close and fetid platforms being slowly pushed, prodded and elbowed towards gaping train doors only to be stuffed, skewered and spit-roasted inside, then finally cannoned out a chewed up mess a few stops later. As a reward I had a permanent cold. Eventually I took to walking. Even sucking in the filthy London 'air' is healthier than being down there.

end link