Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Captain Haddock wrote:
    Thank God we didn't have social media during WW2 with everyone and his dog commenting on War Department strategy and tactics + random army personnel phoning up radio talk shows.

You must be a mind reader Captain as I saw a picture of someone on the Tube the other day wearing a gas mask which brought back memories of my experiences as a child in WW2.

The daily tally of deaths was in millions and when the bombers came over during the night we would hide under the blankets to shelter from any bombs that might be coming our way...........we were never told that hand washing would be a good deterrent!

As for stockpiling food, you took your ration book and got what you were allowed at the shops, with the gardens providing a spasmodic supply of vegetables!

As for stockpiling toilet rolls......a hook......some string......and neat squares/strips of whatever paper came to hand!

My point? .........just saying.

end link