Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

TheThinWhiteDuke wrote:
    Had one today telling me to update my European Health Insurance Card thing. Mine doesn't expire until 2023 and is still valid 'til then according to what I've just read.

Didn't look too official. No .gov or nhswebsite or anything and had phone numbers given, which doesn't sound like the Govt to me.

Will check it out later.

If they ask you to pay for stuff that is meant to be free it's a scam.

Hi TWD, your instinct is right. EHICs do not need updating; they run until they naturally expire, when they'll be replaced with a supposed GHIC.

As an aside, please also be aware of third party websites offering EHICs and other government documents that should be free, for a fee. Such companies often pay google to be the first result in the search engine, as an advert. It's a grey area of law where the small print will say that they are checking your documents for you, and making sure all is correct etc. All they are actually doing is applying for the item in question using your details, and charging you for the privilege!

end link