Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Jan Higgins wrote:
    This was tragic for the little boy and his family as there was never going to be a happy ending.

The thing I fail to understand is why do hospitals and doctors think they are always right and refuse to allow treatment elsewhere even if it is likely to be futile. Alfie was going to die regardless of what treatment he was given so why not allow his parents request to take him to Italy?

Surely when there is no hope the parents wishes should be paramount not a group of medics and their legal team.

I remember the little boy with the brain tumour that the parents had to kidnap so he could receive proton treatment abroad, the last report I saw the child was doing well.

We don't live in a free country Jan and we must abide by rules and laws even if it means they are wrong and we the people suffer; as these parents their needs and wants for their 'own son' taken from them. The little boy is free but the mother and father left with this all, whilst drs etc forget about it all it was just another case they done their deeds.

end link