Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Brian Dixon wrote:
    #7 and #8, what has that got to do with the zeebruge raid, a lot of men died there as a part of the war effort. may be some people need to go around some of the bigger war grave places in france and belguim to apreshate the sacrifice men payed to keep YOUR freedom.

Brian we all know why the war was fought, I was saying about Sue saying about red roses pinned on Cllrs cloths and cost. We can do a great ceremony without dressing up in flowers and going overboard. In the old days we made things and that adds to the heart of it I guess instead of buying in a stuff or wearing stuff that costs heaps of money. I stick with Sue on this with costs etc, because everyone moans there is no money for this and that, however, when something comes up it is 'don't spare the cost'. Well Ill tell you maybe those servicemen did fight for OUR freedom but if they were here now and saw the state this country is in, with people starving and people on streets whilst we let others in, house them and give money we cannot afford or spend any unnecessary money for the sheer show of deaths a 100 years ago- I dare say THEY WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY! The point is it was over a 100 years ago and we can remember I am sure we all do even though nearly all of us was not born then but we know of the great effort, suffering and loss. This country being in extreme debt put on to its people, forked with every council in each town cutting costs and raising council taxes and then making up new laws to rob common people of money to make them poorer is being a freedom then your mistaken. Were bloody cattle for the goverment to make money from we have passports without these we cannot leave this country. People can break into your homes, crush your cars , arrested for saying something goverment deems wrong and so on WHERE IS OUR FREEDOM?

end link