Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Reginald Barrington wrote:

Growing up in Dover was like a giant adventure playground, with the cliffs, the beach, the tunnels (on all sides of the valley), the woods and the fields, we would walk for mile upon mile and come home absolutely shattered and normally filthy.

My lifelong love of the sea and the hills stems from an early childhood spent in Dover and, though I've lived all over the country, I have always chosen to settle close to the hills or sea shore. Plum Pudding Hill (Whinless Down) loomed large over our house and I was delighted to return there during my Recent Visit last October and find it a nature reserve. Memories of roaming its flanks with friends, unfettered by adult concerns, are still strong.
    The fabulous setting of your town is enhanced by the strong sense of history felt on its streets and in its wild places, due in no small part to the magnificent castle towering over it. You all clearly care so much about this special place.

end link