Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

When I was at School I got free school dinners because my Dad left home when I was 11 and we were poor,we had to stand in a room and wait for all the School to walk by so that the whole school knew who were the poor ones.Then if I needed a new jacket I would have the Social Security turn up at the School and you would get a message in the class...John Goodwin the Social are here to buy you a new Jacket.... Yes I am from a single parent home and I brought my daughter up by myself for 4 years.The Chairman of Governers a County Cllr once said at a Governors meeting 'the problem is too many children are brought up by single parents some by men'.2 of the 3 parent Governers were men and bringing up children on thier own.
    To bracket everyone together as single parents as if they are below everyone else is so bad,yes some single parents do let thier children down,so do 2 parents with children sometimes.The idea that these children will turn out like thier parents is also a load of hogwash.
    My Mum worked most of the time,I started work with my Nan 50 years ago on the fields,I wasn't brilliant at School yet the best at History,I have worked for the Railway for 36 years,I ran one of the best football teams in Dover,I have been a Cllr for 8 years and now I am trying to put on shows in Dover...a complete failure then after all I was brought up with no Dad

end link