Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I wouldn't want to tar all young mothers with the same brush however what has become noticeable whilst living on Jersey is that the mothers collecting the kids from my daughters school and the nearby nursery appear to be just a little bit older than those I saw in Dover.

There is very limited social housing over here so most kids are at home and are normally working.You are unable to claim unemployment benefit unless you have previously been in full time employment for the previous 5 years or so. Having a child without financial means to support and accommodate it is just not feasible. Hence mothers are waiting a wee bit longer when they are in a secure relationship and have the funds available before embarking on such a full time commitment.

Rightly or wrongly it works,the kids look cared for,the mothers arrive at the school smartly dressed and the kids appear to be disciplined. I am all for the state lending a helping hand and insuring a childs future but it would appear that there are youngsters who use and take advantage of this act of kindness by having a child as a way of escaping their responsibilities and securing employment.

ps My daughter said "Daddy there are no fat kids at this school,why's that?" Her words not mine and I don't have an answer.

Sorry for the un PC terminology kids often 'say what they see' as Roy Walker would often say on Catchphrase.

end link