Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Yes folks, Yet more of Dovers shops are going to be closing VERY VERY soon.

Long standing Gamleys will be closed within 2 weeks, as the company has decided to fold. Redundancy notices have already been served on staff, and having spoken with the manager today, he says the closure of branches are happening very quickly.

The Butchers, ALSO in the charlton centre is also going to be closing when it comes to the end of it's 6 month lease, and I am led to believe the remaining shops are also looking at closing.

What then becomes of the once thriving Charlton centre? It was desolate in there today as it was.
    Yet another sad day.

However as a final gesture Gamleys Dover kindly donated over £100 worth of Playmobil toys to DCAL to raffle. This is the 2nd donation we have received from Gamleys in under a year. The first being a playmobil Princess castle, and now the Airport terminal with all acssesories.

On behalf of DCAL I would like to thank Dave and his team for their support, DCAL really appreciates all their help, and I wish all the staff the very best of luck in finding new employment.

Mandie x

ADDED EDITOR's NOTE: Error:The Butchers is NOT closing down.

end link