Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Dear Philip, "what's good for the goose", is a very useful phrase and I have no problem with it. I have not and dare not/could not stop you or anybody else from acting as others do simply because other do. It is though, more of a philosophy of going around and around and not one that assists or promotes progress, or going forward.
    As for Kings Lynn, the comment that got the biggest response and the one that seemed to bring the whole audience together was one that was dead against the very idea of power generation through the combustion of household waste. When actually the points at issue are probably more of where the plant is to be sited and that it will be 'importing' waste from all around. A NIMBY argument. For many 'progress' is all well and good, just as long as it does not impact on 'us'. Much of the whole argument about Energy Generation is one of:Who benefits/Who pays? Where can be found the community that does not wish to benefit or the one willing to pay?

Willetts: I did not bring your comments on him into the comments I made. Both he and Prescott have built their political careers on the simple fact that the one is not the other. A point which aids the notion that Politics in the UK is the same as bar-room football debates, this is certainly one dinosaur notion that has past it's sell-by-date.

end link