Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hmmm...a start, re Damages' desecrated art deco fascia. A start - of sorts. We'll see.

On a similar note, a couple of weeks back I noticed some earnest arty-type person dabbing lightly with a paintbrush at the chipboard on the front of Deal seafront's derelict - and art deco, natch - former Regent Bingo Hall.

"Good," I thought; however, a week on and the Regent paint job's only half - well, not even half - done. Anyone know anything about this? Has torpor set in? Has the 'Spirit of Deal' project run out of Humbrols? Do they still sell them in Turners?

Personally think the Regent is crying out for some hairy-arsed decorator with a roller and some industrial-sized pots of Dulux to get stuck in and finish the job.

As for 'Snoops', well, 'hairy-arsed' doesn't even begin to cover it.

Good luck with both, though. Of course, it'd be so much better if both beautiful buildings reopened in some meaningful and appropriate capacity. But then I wasn't born yesterday!

Keep piling the pressure on, people.

Cheers all,

Andy

PS: I agree with Roger Walkden regarding the 'temporary' fencing around the Telly By The Ellie. Looks bloody awful. To echo Bern's sentiments (and mine and Andy Stucken's own broken-down-record tendencies!) - THESE THINGS DO MATTER.

Please sort it out someone.

end link