Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Yes, thanks Howard.

I put that post again, in answer to your number 79 post.

No one is saying old people must stay in doors, no one is saying that those who can't afford bus-fares should lose their free travel either.

It's obviously a sensitive subject - council (County and District) provision of services.

I read today of one Borough Council - Barnet, where they are taking a leaf out of budget airlines book and offering basic statutory services for a minimal council tax and inviting local ratepayers what extra services they would like - for a little extra cost.

I don't know all the ins and outs of every part of this idea, but everyone must comes to terms with rising costs and/or lower services - exactly what services do they really want.

This District Council have been very prudent with your money over recent years and not gone over 5%; they've also not cut services either.

Savings will have to be made - at every level; would you like to decide what you want the Council to provide ? you can put your thoughts on here, they will be read.

Roger

end link