Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I cannot believe that the Chairman of Age Concern should advocate that over 60's pay half fair when they have had the benefit of free travel,some champion of the elderly she is. I have an entitlement to free travel but having a car I haven't applied for it, my mother(88) who lives alone and lives 5 miles from the centre of Birmingham travels all over the Midlands 6 days a week because of the availability of free travel.
    Unlike Councillor Nicholas she does not have the benefit of a Council income and without the free travel would be housebound. Should there be no free travel then Councillor Nicholas would be able to claim from DDC for those journies on council business whereas now she uses her bus pass thereby saving DDC money.
    She could of course rip up her bus pass and pay for all her journies, the choice is hers.

end link