Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Terry

You are quite right. Two weeks ago I was driving in Sweden on the ice and every vehicle has to have snow tyres and all drivers pass a test on the skid pan. The vehicles are as steady as ours even though the roads are covered in packed snow - added to that the discipline is amazing they wouldnt dream of speeding or drinking ( mind you getting drink there is another story altogether! -) approaching a junction is done at a snails pace tho.

The other issue is gritting which is regular and helps enormously. But on to the packed snow!

The other thing the swedes have is engine block heaters ( it was -17deg) so when you went to a car park you plugged the car in. I am looking at that for mine if anyone knows where I can get the bits as i am sure that not only would it reduce wear but it would help my cold fuel consumption?

thanks for the birthday greetings - I had to put that in or Paul wouldn't have known to buy me a drink!

D

end link