Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As I have said before the vast majority of those I have spoken to are in favour of the screen

Sue a real surprise that the people of River (that you have spoken to) are against it. Is this a case of like attracting like? Oh and they do not have to look at it do they?

Keith who is going to fund the things you ask for?
    The demographics and catchment area of our fair town have always convinced leisure providers that they will not/cannot make money from putting in the type of facilities you ask for, how do you suggest we change that? Also I would much rather see more investment in things like all weather sports surfaces, a new leisure centre, improvements to the athletics facilities at the Crabble, better children's play areas, improved policing/supervision of our open spaces etc.

As for big name shops, this will not happen whilst small shops are closing because residents go and spend their money in Whitfield, Canterbury, Folkestone, Ashford, Broadstairs etc. If we start spending our money here then there is a chance new retailers will move in.

Yes we do need to brighten up run down buildings and Dover Pride, DDC and various local community forums are working on this, keep an eye out for noticeable improvements over the next few months.

As for item 5 whilst this is within the gift of DDC we the people of Dover, who post on forums like this need to do our bit to "big up" the town; the continued negativity being displayed on local forums is doing none of us any favours.

end link