Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well I have kept my head down on this one believing that those who know best have the details correct. I have seen no costings of a capital or running nature. I also was not involved in the planning process.

However I understand the concerns of those that live nearby and the concerns of Dovorians that are desperate for something to attract people to the centre.

Having seen what the thing is and its size - I am seeing a monstrosity in size and design. It doesnt fit in in any way with the open space we have. Pity it wasnt put above Geering and Collyer for example. The facilities in the Square are inadequate to accommodate it and it must be a maintenance nightmare creating a money pit. I havent even got to the point of asking who is controlling the content.

From a pure planning point of view how on earth did this get through the over strict regime of DDC Planning Department?

I was told its free - where are these costs coming from all of a sudden? please could someone send me a total financial breakdown - esp cost /benefit analysis. I ask also how many days is this expected to be working? Not sure who is in control here , would be grateful if they could contact me because one cost is certainly not right!

But having said that I hope it works now we have it or someones job ought to be on the line....

end link