Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Oh my God!! please tell me that man wasn't serious . Did he ask you to post the letter to spark off a debate cos I gotta tell you as soon as I read it I felt honour bound as a woman (full boosoms and all) to respond to such a patronising diatribe. Did you send a response Paul? Did you tell him that Leonardo did paint a woman in his last supper, and that if the latest documentaries and books are to be believed (and no I'm not talking about the Da Vinci Code) Mary Magdelene was supposed to found the church and was considered to be every bit an apsotle as the men. I'm no expert on theology I just needed to respond to such a blatently patronising and sexist letter. He asks who will clean up after fetes if the women become bishops, I've got the perfect answer involving him getting up off his pompous rump but I feel it might offend his delicate sensibilities.

I'm sure this man will never change his view point I just hope that he is in the minority I think the best thing for the church would be to have women bishops.

end link