Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Yes an interesting lttle feature buried in the bowels of saturdays Daily Mail showed the top box office stars of 2009. Once you have the words 'box office' added to a title list, it clearly means those who's films made the most money on release.

Topping the slot this year is Sandra Bullock. She beat all the men. The last time a woman came top was back in 1999 when Julia Roberts did it. Its usually the domain of male film stars.

So here we go with the list, shoving my tuppenceworth into it.

1. Sandra Bullock....surprised me as I always sort of understood her to be on the fringes of the big time but Im clearly not up to speed(Speed) there...just threw in a little joke there..hope youre appreciating such wit!

2. Johnny Depp..Johnny is always tip top. He tackles the bizarre and endearing. I particularly liked his Oirish part in Chocolat a few years back...and his role in Sleepy Hollow. Grisly and grim but good that one.

3. Matt Damon - this guy has risen quietly in a way- marvellous in The Talented Mr Ripley.Placid bland face belies the tension hidden underneath.

4. George Clooney. This is no surprise as the ever popular George is still knocking em dead.

5. Robert Downey Jr - presumably this is for his role in Sherlock Holmes, havent seen it but its reckoned to be good. Jude Law also in that one as Watson.

6. Tom Hanks - has been a big box office earner in his day but I myuself havent heard of him in anything much recently, but he clearly was otherwise he wouldnt be in the list. But he is ever popular of course.

7.Meryl Streep. Probably here on the stregth of Mamma Mia..the ABBA movie. All the wimmin around here loved that one. Good to see Meryl still going strong after all these years.

8.Brad Pitt. Always good value is oul Brad.

9. Shia LeBeouf - no idea who she is. Never heard of her - anybody know!??

10. Denzil Washington. Charismatic performer and always watchable, another one who has been around for a while but always good value.

BTW the films that put Sandra in top slot according to the paper are The Proposal and The Blind Side - so watch for those at a cinema near you.

end link