Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Andrew, while I have a great deal of sympathy for those in Whitfield who are opposing this I do believe that for Dover Town Centre overall it would be positive.

Remember this does not mean that suddenly all that green land will turn into housing estates over night. This is just the planning that will enable landowners and developers to build on the land gradually over a period of decades as the market, demand and jobs allow. It creates the potential for a growing local community instead of one declining in size and spending power. If we are to get shops in Dover town centre we need to have a programme that will grow the potential customers in the local catchment.

I do not believe that this means they will all just shoot off to Canterbury. It will allow some room to expand the Dover Town Centre offering to attract some of this trade into the town.

I believe that this will be good for local business and the overall prosperity of Dover over the medium to long term.

end link