Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Just another little bit ...

During the summer last year after this pub had been closed for sometime..there was talk that the place was being done up. There were notices on the door and it all looked encouraging...the rumours were good, perhaps a revival was coming. Then one sunday it opened up again. ColetteB, BrionyB, and myself went over to check out the back terrace as yes we were planning yet another party.

We went in and woe is me - what a disaapointment. The place was worse than ever, the smell of decay was everywhere. We couldnt stick it so we went out onto the back terrace. But it was worse out there. The back terrace had turned into an unparalled overgrown mess with barbecue equipment and all sorts not cleaned out, everything rusting and broken. It was awful. We left after one drink and we never went back.

On the way out to freedom again, and you felt free when you left the place, there were three guys at the bar, one of them was Nigel.

I make reference to this to show that if you pass up on the basic standards then people wont spend in there. Here we were standing there with wads of cash and ready to part with it (and we do sometimes spend hundreds of £'s on parties)...but we left with the cash still in our pockets, so not good business.

end link