Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Today the Aycliffe Church Centre saw a wonderful free event organised by the White Cliffs Countryside Project. In the hall, apart from the stalls full of informative leaflets and books about the unique countryside we all enjoy, the children could make spiders and butterflys, all for free. The WI were also there selling a selection of home made cakes, bags, jams and local honey etc.
    As part of their on-going campaign to make people aware of the need to graze the downs, in order to help preserve the delightful variety of plant and wildlife, they also had free guided walks across the hills to show everyone the smaller wildlife and what plants could be eaten. My children enjoyed the day tremendously and have come home with a clutch of spider toys, as well as pads, pens and cakes, while I now have a great recipe for nettle soup. This was an informative and fun day out so well done to the White Cliffs Countryside Project for putting it on and I hope they get to do more of them.

end link