Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have had to basically re-equip my kitchen this week with new utensils, pots/pans and so on plus get a new tumble dryer.

I looked at the Argos catelogue and identified what I needed and went in with the list early. Checked items on the machine and found a lot not in stocks having to select other things. By the time I finished there was a long que. Now I really dont like their system at all, I dont like using the store much and so faced with that que decided to call it a day and not hang around.

I sat on the pc and looked in on Amazon - found everything there I needed often at better quality and lower prices (even those marketplace items I need to pay carraige for...).

So yesterday I ordered, lo and behold, by noon today 9 out of 10 items had been delivered all on or ahead of the scheduled dates. The other item, the tumble dryer, I expected to take longer and isnt scheduled for delivery until the middle of next week, except I had an email last night telling me its despatched so that will arrive in the next day or two well ahead of when expected.

I call that an excellent, indeed outstanding, service.

How on earth can shops survive faced with that kind of competition?

OK I suppose if I had the time I might have wandered around the high street finding bits here and here but it would be so time consuming.

Yes, some people do prefer to spend time going around shops, treating it as a leisure activity, something I simply dont understand at all. But even so with internet services and delivery systems being so good these days how can high streets expect to survive long term. The great thing about Amazon are the user reviews, something that more than makes up not seeing what yoi are buying 'in the flesh' first.

end link