Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

In response to JHG's rather terse reply to my earlier posting on this thread, I'd just like to say that I'm a Dovorian by birth (Buckland Hospital, of course), and lived in the town for the first 18 years of my life before upping to university, France and Spain, then the Smoke, then back to sunny East Kent. My parents are/were Dovorians, as are my siblings, and as were my grandparents and several generations before them.

I now live in Deal, yes, but as a Dover council tax payer and a fiercely proud Dovorian I think I'm entitled to proffer an opinion or two as my poor old home town, through no fault of its own, sleepwalks into Wal-Mart's gaping maw.

I have come up with several other sympathetic alternatives for the St James area on previous threads.

To coin a football cliche with regard to this forum, it's all about opinions, isn't it?

end link