Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned this before. Roger De Haan has put the redevelopment of Folkestone Harbour on hold because of the current economic situation, i.e. he can't find enough other people to stump up the money.

Given that DTIZ has limped along with nothing happening for years in what were good times, where on earth will it go now in this current climate?

Alright, I may be one of the doom and gloom brigade as mentioned in Graham's editorial in the Mercury last week (he's a nice bloke by the way, we've been friends for 40 years) but I have to say that serious doubts must be in the minds of the elders up at the Fort.

I have always been against a supermarket there. It will kill the town's small traders and cause huge traffic jams in an already congested area.

Mind you, it might make a good site for a new hospital, but that's another story.

Terry

end link