Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well DT1, we've had BOTH houses for centuries and they have, in their unique way, served the nation very well. What's that maxim? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I don't subscribe to getting rid of everything because we can and it is old and outdated. Change needs to be fully justified and planned before it gets my support.

A quick think about devolution will tell anyone with half a brain that changing something to suit a political vote puller isn't necessarily a good thing, particularly when done badly. I would prefer to see our legislature focus on putting right the wrongs and inequalities of the devolution bills before taking an axe to sometihng else. When I have the same rights as the Scots, and to some extent the Welsh and Northern Irish, I will happily sit down and consider how best to deal with a second chamber, if there is to be one.

We should also remember, this is meant to be the UNITED Kingdom, not 4 republics! For the others, their strength and security has only been acheive through being united with the English. Unpalatible for seccesionists, but true nevertheless.

end link