Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Don't know where to start with this one.

After coming home from the Weastern heights today and going down the bottom of the garden for a well earned bevvy a problem appeared I have never encountered before.

Three young ladies between the age of 10yrs and 12yrs playing in the river and enjoying themselves. only one problem....no clothes on the bottom half.

I'm told they had been there for about 3 hours and playing, when I saw them they had lost most of their clothes in the river including mobile phones and where oblivious of what was going on around them.

I put on the only pair of waders I have left and waded across to speak to them, sat on the path with legs akimbo I asked them to cover themselvs up and warned them they may be in danger from passing people walkng along. They had no concept of what they where showing.
    Crying they had lost their clothes they said they would.

I phoned the police straight away explaining the situation giving my shoe and sock size and them saying it was a high priority.

Damn right it was. they got there 4 mins later but as ususal the kids hsd left leaving me feel like a plum.

HOW would I have felt the next day seeing the news and hearing a couple of kids had gone missing and being dressed the way they where.

good on the Cops for getting there so quick. I have a form to fill in and I will do so. this is the only time I have had an immediate response from the police but I'm ever so glad they did. It made me feel better.

I could have done the same call last night for kids on the same path for driving along at 60mph on a motorbike and no crash hats but somehow I don't think the response would have been the same.

Ian...

end link