Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well no BarryW I suppose I wouldnt want them to stay mothballed in Westminster and it is of course always good to get out and meet and greet. But politicians must be careful what they promise especially to people who are in some circumstances fairly desperate for change.

The reputation of politics and politicians is generally pretty low and I dont think this kind of 'instant fix' approach helps their image. People dont belive what politicians say and whose fault is that.

If the voters here in Dover bought/buy this latest headline and believed all this to be true, ie that Andrew Lansley would build us a hospital within 6 months of a Tory victory, then Charlie would probably win the election in 5 minutes flat because in Gwyns 11 years he hasnt been able to secure us a hospital with a stable future. But will they believe it. See the previous paragraph.

Some photo opportunities are fine though, like the one of Gwyn and Charlie with Star the dog, it wasnt set up but just happened, as life in Pencester happens, and a great pic of community political life on a summer's day, just as long as neither promises us free doggie haircuts for all mutts forever...or similar.

end link