Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Not an answer in my opinion, I served for 6 weeks on a jury at the Old Bailey with a fairly complicated trial about conspiracy to affray with 7 defendants one of whom had better things to do and didn't turn up. We were forever being turfed out so that they could decide whether or not we should hear certain evidence. At the end they were all found guilty and I was happy to know that if there had been crucial evidence hidden from us then one or more would be released eventually, not so if they are dead. Furthermore roughly 1 out of 3 are opposed to the death penalty so the upshot is likely to be that many murderers would escape justice and walk free.

The Police Federation has said many times that their members do not want to be armed routinely as that would make them targets for the most violent criminals. The present system of specially trained officers that have been psychologically tested then being armed is the way things should be.

end link