Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Arent we very lucky to have Pencester Gardens right in the heart of town. It is a tremendous asset for all. It is so central and within easy reach of everybody and all through the summer we have fantastic days put on there by the active doers in the community and here's the thing..they are all totally FREEEE !

Right now in glorious mid-summer the park is all lush and green and very well looked after. We have a fantastic skate park for the teens and a soon to be opened terrific playground for the kids. To oneside we have a delightful stretch of the Dour river which boasts the occasional fascinating wildlife. Not so long ago while ambling to Marks & Spenser on a cool saturday I saw a fantastic long legged Heron right there in the park. Naturally enough my trusty camera was not about my person at the time. All this pleasant luxury nestles beneath a backdrop of our great Castle.

I dont know about you.. but I am entertained in the park all summer long with all the diverse events and it doesnt cost me anything at all. I enjoyed yesterdays Priory Forum Funday and even next saturday the 19th July I will be back there for the Community Safety Day when there will be lots of action demonstrations by the services. Community Safety Day is actually better than it sounds. See the seperate thread for details. See you there.

I cant think of a single downside re Pencester Gardens....

end link