Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

A message below from Thomas, who's recently seen this topic while looking for information on 16 Waterloo Crescent. I don't have any contact details so please post here if you can help!
    ------

I'm from Germany with orig. ancestors from Dover. re: 16 Waterloo Crescent (entrance Waterloo Mansions 18 to 26 in Cambridge Rd.) I found your comment by searching for address 16 waterloo crescent. My intention is to find out, who lives now at that 1st floor address above the cafe on the left of the Hotel entrance (owner of that wintergarden in 1st floor). In 1910 a very famous man of Dover (Mr. Duguid, a family related friend) lived at that address. He erected a cathedral for his wife. The wintergarden was always his favorite place to sit and work. I saw last year and I believe it has not been changed or renovated. I would love to make a photo from inside the flat/ office to hand it over to the church in rememberance of him. In the web I cant find a number/ name of the flat owner to write a mail or letter. the hotel servant said ..I don't know, .. so funny. At cambridge terrace my mother with sisters where taken a photo walking to the beach. Nobody takes care of Terrace. A shame. In front of the wintergarden on peer you find a bench of Pike family. Sincerely Thomas

end link