Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Good morning Paul.

It would appear that Keith is in denial about who closed the WCE. It cannot be much fun to be stigmatised with having been associated with the most lamentable administration this town has had the misfortune to endure in modern times. I am just sad that so much money can be flushed down the drain on petty party political grounds. What hope does this poor old town have when such a major investment is dissipated by such abject incompetence?

Getting away from the politics, you are correct in my view regarding the management company. Despite their success with the Jorvik Centre, etc, they seemed bereft of ideas concerning the WCE. Equally the local manager was a very nice bloke but not equipped with the entrepreneurial skills required, again just my opinion.

The Dover Town Gaol was a minnow by comparison but you are correct in saying that the investment was not there when it was needed. I recall the exact figure quoted at the time for replacing the old film projectors, etc, with modern technology and it was not much in the scheme of things. Even less today with the way that the price of electronics has plummeted given that there is more processing power in a mobile phone than the space shuttle.

end link