Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Thank you, howardmcs. I'd forgotten how big the mural is, and the panels! Two parts of the mural were painted by local young people, at a workshop at our very own Crabble Corn Mill. There's a DVD to see also, next to the exhibition - I think you have to press the buttons yourself to see it - it's a lovely short animation created by schoolchildren with a professional animator, about Walter Tull's life

The exhibition, incidentally, is just part of the results of over a year's work on this national project, and another one on Remembrance, and both have some brilliant educational resources for children at Key Stage 2 (ages 7 - 11).

The opening is the first event organised by the new group, The Friends of the Dover War Memorial Project - thank you, Friends!. It very well, and it was just great to see so many people and to catch up with everyone (real movers and shakers in Dover, as the current phrase goes - and maybe I should have brought my shades, as there were so many chains of office sparkling, thanks to the dignitaries who so kindly graced the opening with their presence!) To Roger, thank you for being available for much-needed support!

There's good news already coming from the exhibition, in terms of feedback and of learning more about the Dover connections of Walter Tull. It's great it's in the library (thank you, Marie!) so everyone has the chance to see it.

end link