Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The opening's now finalised. It starts at 11am at the library on 11th may (next Monday). There'll be four speeches, from The Friends of the DWMP, from Camilla Bergman from the City of Westminster Archives, from - me! - and from Mr Peter Lake, who's kindly agreed to open the exhibtion. Marie Kelly-Thomas will be singing one of the songs, from the musical production, part of the year-long commemorations for Walter Tull.

Displays will include one about some of our other Dovorian casualties, one from The Friends, and one about the Dover connections of Walter Tull, as well as the touring exhibition which has come all the way down from Glasgow.

We haven't been in Dover for quite a while, sadly, so it'd be great to see everyone again. Do please come along to the opening if you can

(if only to see me fall flat on my face, as I trip over one of the wires, or the opening ribbon ... )

end link