Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Howard.
    You are right about the Alkam Valley that was all about speeding and trying to get speed limits along the Valley we do now have speed limits along the Valley I would like to think that doing what I done that day did help with that but I was not on my own that day walking with me was Mr C Precious,Mr I smith it was his Daughter who was killed and we are still working with each other on the I/Grain they were walking forwards and I was doing it backwards the police banned the protest walk but we went ahead with it anyway there was about six of us and we were stopped by Sgt Sue Tayor and POLICE Inspector Rick Roddy, they tpld us the possible consequence of our actions and was advised that every-one taking part was liable to be arrested if the traffic was disrupted, also I was warning from the D.T.C. reminding me or the code of conduct of a town councillor which I signed.
    But we still went ahead with it about two weeks after that I done a bike ride along the Valley it was to be for 12hrs but I was on my own and after about 6hours a women in her car hit me and me and my bike went down a bank and she did not stop but I could not ride my bike it had to repaired must Cris and myself went around all the houes in the Valley puting posters in all the door thge heading of the posters was STOP .THE SLAUGHTER we had no funding for this so paid for it ourselfs, at that time Mr PRECIOUS was a great help to me not only with that but others projects aswell.

Vic Matcham

end link