Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

There was very interesting coverage today on the George Osborne speech with the BBC finishing their lunchtime report by asking why would anyone vote for swingeing cuts...we expect a lot of abstentions at the polls....they said.

There are cuts right across the board, some we would probably approve of like the cuts in the House but many we wouldnt. Its austere time with the Tories folks!

Women get a particularly raw deal..having their retirement age shoved back from 60 to 66...which is pretty painful!

Just to be clear re the Labour positipon. Labour were indeed planning similar shifts re the pension age but NOT until 2024 as I understand it. The Tories are weilding the axe much quicker than that...by 2016 in fact. The way Boy George was talking a great many people in the public sector will lose their jobs, so he will most definitely add to the dole payout burden... but paying that way is better than paying salaries I guess. One tiny further note : the populace according to recent polls are still seeing the Tories in their old mantle of uncaring, so why are they gaining in popularity?? You tell me...

end link