Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I see Vic's DOVOR campaign has reached the hallowed pages of The Mercury ( see page 6). Vic is driving us all nicely nuts here on Doverforum with this one and now newshound Graham Tutthill has picked the story up. Whether this development with The Mercury will give some mileage to the campaign is anyone's guess but could now be a possibility.

The newspaper features that old milestone in the London Rd which was re-installed in its original location by our very own Terry Nunn a couple of years back. The signpost reads
    "One Mile to Dovor"
    I remember we ran a picture of it on here at the time. Unfortunately that picture is lost from my files.

But what explosive bolt from on high suddenly brought this germ of an idea into Vic's head..was it a "St Paul on the road to Tarsus" moment. Did God speak to him from a lofty cloud and say

" Go forth Vic and spread my word, and the word is DOVOR..."

Or heaven help us..was it the devil??

end link