Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

@Reginald Barrington

He's already driven me to drink (OK. My choice. I know).

I would love to just zone out to some good tunes, but, I've only got this PC and its monitors terribly trebly tinny speakers to play with. During shutdown my good headphones have stopped working completely and my way too quiet (and therefore already rubbish) backup pair are only working down one side.

My only other means of playing music apart from the PC was my Playstation Vita. Which I managed to drop in the bath about a fortnight ago. I've got a back up Vita as well, but like the backup headphones it only half works. If I were to get new headphones, the headphone jack of said backup Vita only outputs down one side. Guess that's the one I should have been using in the bath. My good headphones are still under warranty at Argos, but that may well run out by the time they reopen. Be assured I will argue the toss if they try to deny me a replacement pair. Also, the Vita I dropped in the bath had a two year warranty from that CEX place, but I'm guessing that "dropped in the bath" somehow isn't covered.

My old analogue vinyl rig is still technically all plugged in and ready to go but it hasn't been fired up in what must be at least a decade. I'd be scared to try it out and the stylus and cartridge were already on the way out iirc. Plus it's really loud and I don't have any headphones at the moment (did I mention that?) and unlike certain neighbours...

Anyway, to try to get back on thread (slightly), Mr Shouty did do a rendition of We'll Meet Again (or was it Cliffs Of Dover) as I was typing this. Was hoping the set may have segued into a wartime singalong but alas, back to the usual setlist it was. I'll give him a bit of credit. He did finally let someone else play with his ball, and they could actually sing (I hope they disinfected the mic). A really really very nice rendition of Over The Rainbow. And then back to him.

Noticed tonight that he's not just off pitch, he's also just slightly ahead of the beat and every tune is just slightly faster than it really should be. Just enough to be really annoying. I'm beginning to wonder if some kind of intoxication is involved.

I'd also swear ( ) that he's got some kind of Tourettes and his tick is to shout "C'mon" all of the time.

And he's finally stopped. Two and a half hours again. I can finally concentrate. And it's now so quiet it seems eerily weird.

I think I've previously mentioned that I get all Simon Cowell at karaoke.

He may have driven me to the bottle more than I intended methinks. I'm going to have to hit post aren't I. After that train of thought typing effort.

Damn. I've got to get up to pick up a prescription tomorrow. I'm gonna have to walk it now.

Roll on VE Day 76. Hopefully The New Normal will be back to a more kind of normal by then.

One Love.

end link