Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Pam you beat me to it.Pam quite rightly says the Town Hall comes under DDC as it is owned by DDC and they take the bookings.I wanted to put on an event for VE Day it was suggested a church Service however because of the election we did not have the resource.Most staff were on duty Thursday morning and then at the count as we're most Councillors for ten hours and some longer .Polliing stations were manned from 7.00am until 10.00pm There were three elections on the same day and the turnout was very high.
    I understand DDC staff helped with the event in Pencester .Most people do not understand the role off DTC and DDC. the role of District Chairman and a Town Mayor.
    If asked I would have helped.I gather there was no road closure or PA system .I could have helped with this .It was made clear the District Chairman was not required.
    the flags at the cenotaph do not fly freely.

end link