Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Interesting comment re the email, will look into this. Yes members of staff were involved in event on sea front, which took place slightly later than was originally planned. and as I have explained on another thread I was asked by the Dover greeters to meet the Americans for literally a few minutes, they were in the town from the cruise ship and important to give them a welcome. It was not planned, tookl place purely by chance. I returned to the town council office for presentation and awards ceremony taking place at 11.00 a.m. This was with youngsters who have been on course with Prince's Trust. Been in diary for some time.
    i had, rightly or wrongly, been given impression that I would not be welcome at the memorial VE event. I attended an event, part of national marking of VE Day at Capel and tomorrow have been invited as Mayor to the British Legion to take part in their marking of VE Day,

end link