Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I will certaily be doing all I can to help my clients pay less tax, that is for sure, though accountants will be even better place to do this. The impact of the Lasser Curve will actually reduce tax revenue from the highest paid 10%.

Paul aka Scotchie is dead right. It is becoming more and more apparent this morning that the VAT decrease will not always be passed on. It will in many cases be absorbed into margins or built into ordinary sale offers (the same thing really). You cant blame hard pressed retailers for that.

Just think.... The cost of reducing VAT could, instead, have been used to increase nil rate tax bands to £10,000 raising many of the lower paid out of tax all together. That would have had a much greater retail impact.

The big problem here is the temporary nature of this so called tax cut. Taxes will rise just as the economy emerges from recession, a weak recovery would be dampened at the very least with a double dip recession possible.

It is not a matter either of higher taxes 'taking some back', far from it taxes will rise to much higher levels to pay for this. What have been announced is only the start.

end link