Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Let's be clear though and I heard a number of people saying it on TV last night too, that prices had fallen 20 or 25% anyway so what use a vat cut...the prices in the shops have NOT fallen by 20 or 25%. Not a bit of it!! Okay Marks & Spencer had a price reduction of 20% last thursday but it was for ONE DAY ONLY. So the £30 shirt in M&S is still £30 now today. I know there are other sales here and there but lets use M&S as a barometer as so many do.

The vat cut and the other measures will give people that extra bit of cash to spend. You might save £20 or whatever on your spend of last week whcih you can then spend to make up your shortfall.

Although we are now in massive debt and its a massive gamble, I heard people on TV last night complaining that it wasnt enough. I think in reality its a lot, its all any government could do.

end link