Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have made a long post on this budget under Politics.

To summarise, I am totally in agreement with David. The VAT cuts does not make any sense at all. The savings that my clients will make will be peanuts and the costs of implementing will be much more than their saving over the 13 months. It would be cheaper for me to offer my clients a rebate of overpaid VAT in 13 months time, plus £1 each to represent interest, than to process a reduction and a further increase!

What on earth does a 2.5% reduction of VAT represent with a background of 10%20% or more price cuts expect to achieve..... This will not have any impact at all.

Just at the time when the fragile economy starts to emerge from the longest and deepest recession since WW2 Darling will be imposing tax rises to dampen it and maybe push us into a second dip recession.

Then there are his hopelessly optimistic forcasts, far more optimistic than any independent forecaster.

end link