Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Yes Bob many years ago I attended a conference at Canterbury with the Cabinet member of DDC.It was noted then we hade very few traveller sites in Kent.We have the one at Aylesham,but where else.I must say the representatives of the Travelling Community spoke/most eloquently ,,far better than me.We had Travellers children at St Radigunds whenI was Chairman of the Governing Body.
    Yes they do get frustrated by not having sites so hence they park up illegally.Travellers are a special community and travelling is there way of life.When I was a child they used to park up and work on the local farms .You will always getbias.Wonder how many can recall the Older Grandmothers of the families selling wooden pegs or Lavender bags.A regular sight where I lived as a child .
    yes the councils are at fault they must provide more sites with basic needs.Travellers donot want to live in Social housing .
    When I was a teenager we had an American base near where I lived.Yes on a Saturday night there would be trouble with the local, lads resenting the yanks who had the money and chased the local girls.No I did not marry one but two of my friends did.
    I don’t condone bad behaviour ,But some Councillors are at fault .Provide more sites.

end link