Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Tramp Gate - local press asked me for my comments ...............

Deal Town Council have made themselves even more of a laughing-stock than usual with Tramp Gate (although they don't like him being referred to as a 'tramp' at council meetings in case it affects his self-esteem!)

Faced with the fact that person or persons unknown were sleeping in the Undercroft and using the place as a public toilet, they have now spent £16,000 of our money, transforming the Town Hall into what looks like a baroque version of Belmarsh High Security Prison, but find themselves unwilling to lock the gates as the phantom fouler is still within!

They have had the best part of a year to sort this out and have failed miserably to do anything about the actual 'problem'! I can assure you that if someone set up camp on my property using my garden as a lavatory, however sorry I felt for him, and even if well-meaning people were bringing him food and blankets, he would not last five minutes!

And why has the District Council done nothing you ask? One of the problems is that the gentleman in question has never presented himself to the District Council as homeless - and why would he? He has shelter, people bring him food and the local Police check he is tucked up at night! I believe in spite of this he has been offered accommodation in Dover but 'wants' to live in Deal! So what? I want to live in Monaco - but it ain't going to happen.

I await with interest the Town Council's next action/inaction. Will they actually act for the majority in at last clearing a public space from what is fast becoming a health hazard or will they continue bumbling along in a rather smelly and unhygenic version of Alan Bennet's heart-warming comedy-drama The Lady in the Van.

Perhaps Labour could actually start working For the Many - Not the Phew! Thank goodness there are council elections next year.

end link